LHHS Fall Show 2017 is All In The Timing!
Our new school year is underway and scripts have been ordered for All In The Timing, the upcoming LHHS Fall Show 2017.
Written between 1987 and 1993 by American playwright David Ives, All In The Timing is a collection of 6 one-act plays often referred to as intellectual slapstick. The six playettes we will be performing are:
- In “Sure Thing” two people meet in a cafe and have a chance to reset and try again each time they say the wrong thing.
- “Words, Words, Words” explores the idea that three monkeys in a room could eventually compose Shakespeare’s Hamlet — given enough time.
- In “The Universal Language”, a shy young woman seeks to learn Unamunda, the Universal Language from the language creator and tutor. In the process, they discover the language of love.
- “Philip Glass Buys a Loaf of Bread” is a mini-musical parody set in a bakery and based on the work of composer Philip Glass.
- In “The Philadelphia”, a man in a restaurant discovers that he’s fallen into Philadelphia, a strange corner of the universe where the only way to get what he wants is to ask for the opposite.
- Finally, in “Variations on the Death of Leon Trotsky”, we witness a hilarious vision of the famous Russian revolutionary as he dies — over and over and over again.
In the end, we are prompted to explore the deeper lessons to be learned from each of these six acts.
Lake Highlands High School Theatre is excited to be performing this play October 26-29, 2017. Plan now to attend our LHHS Fall Show 2017!